I thought I would throw in a delicious quiche recipe to balance out my past few lengthy & wordy blog posts.
I had a can of artichoke in the cupboard, and also plenty of chickpea flour to use up. So why not try it?
The problem was that I had not much vegetables in the fridge. The only thing I could find was some green onions and fresh rosemary. Well, why not try it anyways?
So here it is!
- 1 – 15 oz can artichoke hearts (in water)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2~4 tbsp fresh herbs (I used all oregano, but you can probably use a mix)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup water (adjust to the moistness of the batter)
- Barbeque sauce (optional, but highly suggested)
Directions: Preheat the oven to 400′ F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan. Mix the chickpea flour and baking powder, and then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Bake for about 25~30 minutes until the edges start to turn brown. Cut in 4~6 pieces and enjoy!
It’s tasty on it’s own, but some of you may find the taste too “boring.” But once with (tangy) barbeque sauce, it tastes incredible!
Hope you like it 🙂